May 2013 Week 1

.

It began easy enough.  Garter stitch in the round alternating every 2 rows between a solid and a multi colored yarn.
.
Specifics
Pattern: Olive
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Tonos Sock and Handpainted Sock
Needles: US3 24″ Circular
.
I got gauge, but I felt like the collar was going to grow too much when I blocked it and that I would be always pulling at the sides to keep it on my shoulders.  I would hate that.
.
.

Plus, the jogless stripes really looked bad.
.

So, I re knit it.  I went down to a US2 needle and I added one additional row of decreases.  I think I ended up at around 130 stitches on my needle when I cast off.  20 some stitches less than the pattern called for.
.

A beer and a couple collars

.
I knit this one flat too and seamed it.  I think the seam looks better this way.   The seam goes on the top of the shoulder too, not in the back.  Interesting…
.

Seams?

.
The collar is cast off and then 211 stitches are picked up at the cast ON edge with a US5 instead of the called for US6.  The first round increases the stitches to 388.  Now, we are knitting stockinette stitch the rest of the way.  Easy peasy.
.
.
I am alternating skeins too.  It is hand dyed afterall.  Better safe than sorry.
.
Sorry about all the funny photos.  I got a new photography app on my phone and I am learning:)  It’s called Hipstamatic if you care…Carly made me do it!
.

Tags: , , , , ,

2 Responses to “May 2013 Week 1”

  1. Linda Moline says:

    So far, so good. I too will restart if I’m not happy with it. In the end it makes it so much more satisfying. Can’t wait to see it finished. You are inspiring.

  2. Angela Meyerson says:

    beautiful. Would like to make this myself!

Leave a Reply