1/24/11

Sewing er up…
.
So…this laceweight panel is kind of a pain.  Not fun to knit and not super fun to attach.
.
Here is how I did it…
.
I was lucky enough to have a body form to put the sweater on.  I think it helped.  I used safety pins and divided up the front of the sweater evenly.
.

Pinned the front

.
Then I pinned the front edges of the lace panel and matched them up to the front.
.

Pinned the lace panel...matched em up

.
Then I pinned the back of the sweater and the center of the lace panel.
.

january sweater 3

pinned the back

.
Then I used the lace yarn and using a stitch that I am sure has a name…stitched it up;)
.

sewed er up

.
I like how the lace looks.
.

Lace panel attached

Tags: , , , ,

One Response to “1/24/11”

  1. Nadia says:

    I was hoping the lace would sew in nicely, that’s all I have left to do on mine! I think I will use the pin idea to keep it even, that looks like it will work better than starting at one end and hoping it fits at the end!

Leave a Reply